The CLSU Library co-existed with the founding of the University in 1907. The University was first conceived as farmer student’s school at Muñoz and was formally opened on July 10, 1909. The library collection grew over the years through various donations and grants made to the University.
The former library building was destroyed and most of the collections were damaged by an earthquake in 1990.The new library building was occupied in the last quarter of 1992 and inaugurated in November 1993. It is a two story building located along Academic Avenue, at the back of the University Registrar and Office of Admission Building.
Today, the CLSU Library continually strives to improve its services through innovating and increasing of facilities and information resources.